react native compile error android - react-native-webview

Viewed 2100

I was compiling with no errors and literally this showed up out of no where. has anyone else had this error?

Task :react-native-webview:compileDebugJavaWithJavac Note: /user_data/projects/react-native/populi/node_modules/react-native-webview/android/src/main/java/com/reactnativecommunity/webview/RNCWebViewManager.java uses or overrides a deprecated API. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. Note: /user_data/projects/react-native/populi/node_modules/react-native-webview/android/src/main/java/com/reactnativecommunity/webview/RNCWebViewManager.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

Task :app:processDebugManifest FAILED /user_data/projects/react-native/populi/android/app/src/debug/AndroidManifest.xml:22:18-91 Error: Attribute application@appComponentFactory value=(android.support.v4.app.CoreComponentFactory) from [com.android.support:support-compat:28.0.0] AndroidManifest.xml:22:18-91 is also present at [androidx.core:core:1.0.0] AndroidManifest.xml:22:18-86 value=(androidx.core.app.CoreComponentFactory). Suggestion: add 'tools:replace="android:appComponentFactory"' to element at AndroidManifest.xml:7:5-117 to override.

See http://g.co/androidstudio/manifest-merger for more information about the manifest merger.

1 Answers

This is a problem with one of your dependencies. In my case I started from a new react-native project and tried to add every dependency I have in my project and found that the problem was associated to react-native-device-info which was on version 0.13.0.

After upgrading react-native-device-info to version 2.1.2 the problem is gone.

Related