I am currently working on speech to text conversion using Google speech REST API. The program is working and is giving me the text of the speech given. My use case is to convert the person's name (spoken) into text. For e.g. "Rohan Chawhan".
What have I observed:
Now when I compared the results of Google Assistant (on Phone (Android/iOS)) and the Google speech REST API (on Linux PC) here is what I found:
- When the Phone & Gmail Contacts are NOT synced.
Both, Google Assistant and the Speech API shows me the same text which is incorrect ("Rohan Chauhan"). It is probably because "Rohan Chauhan" is more common than "Rohan Chawhan", in India.
- When the Phone or Gmail Contacts are synced.
Google Assistant detects the name correctly "Rohan Chawhan" if it is present in the contact. Since in the Speech REST API shows me the same error text as above "Rohan Chauhan"
What am I looking for: Is there A way I can sync/upload/link a contact list/database/table of names for Google Speech API?