Here's the essential code
<asp:SqlDataSource runat="server"
ID="StuffDataSource"
SelectCommand="select employeeID,lastName, firstName, titleOfCourtesy, birthDate, hireDate, address, city, country, homePhone from Employees"
UpdateCommand="update Employees set lastName=@lastName, firstName=@firstName, address=@address, city=@city, country=@country, homePhone=@homePhone where employeeID=@employeeID"
DeleteCommand="delete from Employees where employeeID=@employeeID"
ConnectionString="<%$ connectionStrings:NorthwindSqlString %>"
FilterExpression="(lastName like '%{0}%' or firstName like '%{0}%') and country like '%{1}%'"
OnFiltering="StuffDataSource_Filtering">
<FilterParameters>
<asp:ControlParameter Name="Name" ControlId="keyword" PropertyName="Value" DefaultValue="%"/>
<asp:ControlParameter Name="Country" ControlId="country" PropertyName="Value" DefaultValue="%"/>
</FilterParameters>
</asp:SqlDataSource>
<asp:GridView runat="server"
ID="StuffGridView"
DataSourceID="StuffDataSource"
OnRowCommand="StufGridView_RowCommand"
DataKeyNames="employeeID"
AutoGenerateColumns="false"
AllowPaging="true" PageSize="20">
<Columns>
<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="序号">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label runat="server" Text='<%# (Container.DataItemIndex + 1).ToString() %>'></asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateField>
<asp:BoundField DataField="employeeID" HeaderText="id" Visible="false" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="lastName" HeaderText="名" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="firstName" HeaderText="姓" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="titleOfCourtesy" ReadOnly="true" HeaderText="性别" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="birthDate" HeaderText="出生日期" ReadOnly="true" Visible="false" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="hireDate" HeaderText="雇用日期" ReadOnly="true" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="address" HeaderText="地址" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="city" HeaderText="城市" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="country" HeaderText="国籍" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="homePhone" HeaderText="联系" />
<asp:TemplateField>
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Button runat="server" ID="Edit" Text="编辑" CommandName="Edit" CommandArgument='<%# Container.DataItemIndex.ToString() %>' Visible='<%# StuffGridView.EditIndex != Container.DataItemIndex ? true : false %>' />
<asp:Button runat="server" ID="Delete" Text="删除" CommandName="RequestDelete" CommandArgument='<%# Container.DataItemIndex.ToString() + "," + Eval("firstName").ToString() + " " + Eval("lastName").ToString() %>' Visible='<%# StuffGridView.EditIndex != Container.DataItemIndex ? true : false %>' />
<asp:Button runat="server" ID="Update" Text="更新" CommandName="Update" CommandArgument='<%# Container.DataItemIndex.ToString() %>' Visible='<%# StuffGridView.EditIndex == Container.DataItemIndex ? true : false %>' />
<asp:Button runat="server" ID="Cancel" Text="取消" CommandName="Cancel" CommandArgument='<%# Container.DataItemIndex.ToString() %>' Visible='<%# StuffGridView.EditIndex == Container.DataItemIndex ? true : false %>' />
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateField>
</Columns>
</asp:GridView>
Let's focus on SqlDataSource.DeleteCommand and GridView.AllowPaging.
When the GridView.AllowPaging="false", I can delete record normally. But when I set GridView.AllowPaging="true", I can't delete record except the record be on the first page and get this error from SQL SERVER
Must declare the scalar variable “@employeeID” in delete statement
But I think everything has prepared. There are DataKeyNames set to employeeID, a BoundField include a DataField set to employeeID. And if there are some errors, why does it work when AllowPaging is set to false?
So I want to know what requests SQL SERVER actually receive.
I started a Profiler on SQL SERVER management studio. Here's the result:
AllowPaging="false" -> delete records on any page
AllowPaging="true" -> delete records on the first page
exec sp_executesql N'delete from Employees where employeeID=@employeeID',N'@employeeID int',@employeeID=37
AllowPaging="true" -> delete records on any page except the first page
delete from Employees where employeeID=@employeeID
So why does Asp.Net can't generate the right SQL request when AllowPaging = "true" and delete records in any page except the first page? I can't understand, and how to avoid this issue?