I have a strange issue where typescript does not find the types for jszip.
- other types work fine
- the types seem to be in the correct location
in my source-file I use these imports e.g.
import * as fast_csv from 'fast-csv';
import { Response } from 'express';
import fs from 'fs';
import * as JSZip from 'jszip';
all work fine, except for jszip:

Error:(9, 24) TS7016: Could not find a declaration file for module 'jszip'. 'ROOT/node_modules/jszip/dist/jszip.min.js' implicitly has an 'any' type.
When I look into my (one and only) node_modules/@types dir, all files are there:

here are the relevant entries from package.json
"dependencies": {
"@hapi/joi": "^15.0.1",
"fast-csv": "^2.5.0",
"jszip": "^3.2.1"
},
"devDependencies": {
"@types/express": "^4.16.0",
"@types/hapi__joi": "^15.0.1",
"@types/jszip": "^3.1.6",
}
notes:
- I thought typescript only uses the name: e.g. when importing
jszipit should search for@types/jszip- but it seems that I am wrong, because the types of
@hapi/joiare called@types/hapi__joiand they work fine
- but it seems that I am wrong, because the types of
- I think also the version mismatch shoudl not be an issue:
"jszip": "^3.2.1"vs."@types/jszip": "^3.1.6", right? - the code-completion in the IDE shows also the types:

Any idea, what I am missing?
related links: