I know some related questions already there regarding this but I tried those before and still no luck.
Here is my problem on the following screenshot
My current screen shows a fixed cell size and it displays empty spaces for smaller contents and larger contents going over the cell with dots..
I wanted like below
it should match the width of the product category name content.
func collectionView(_ collectionView: UICollectionView, cellForItemAt indexPath: IndexPath) -> UICollectionViewCell {
if collectionView == self.catCollectionView{
let catCell = collectionView.dequeueReusableCell(withReuseIdentifier: "catCell", for: indexPath)
as! catCell
DispatchQueue.main.async {
catCell.configureCell()
let catCountInt = self.catCountArray[indexPath.row]
catCell.catCountLabel.text = String(catCountInt)
catCell.catNameLabel.text = self.categoryNameArray[indexPath.row]
catCell.catCountLabel.sizeToFit()
catCell.catNameLabel.sizeToFit()
}
return catCell
func collectionView(_ collectionView: UICollectionView, layout collectionViewLayout: UICollectionViewLayout, sizeForItemAt indexPath: IndexPath) -> CGSize {
let catCell = collectionView.dequeueReusableCell(withReuseIdentifier: "catCell", for: indexPath)
as! catCell
catCell.catNameLabel.text = self.categoryNameArray[indexPath.item]
catCell.catNameLabel.sizeToFit()
let labelWidth = catCell.catNameLabel.frame.width + 10
print("frame width: \(labelWidth)")
return CGSize(width: labelWidth, height: 21)
}
}
Maybe I'm missing a simple thing here but I couldn't quite figure out at this moment. Please help me and sorry for my strange English.
