I try to create a templated wrapper for different functions with different parameters.
The setup is a class A with the basic implementation of two methods foo and bar. Another class B shall wrap these methods and add new functionality.
The solution from the following link works very well for non-class functions: c++11: Templated wrapper function
But if I try to invoke methods from another class I get an error.
#include <algorithm>
#include <functional>
#include <iostream>
class A
{
public:
void foo(int x) {
std::cout << "Foo: " << x << std::endl;
}
void bar(int x, float y) {
std::cout << "Bar: " << x << ", " << y << std::endl;
}
};
class B
{
public:
void fooAndMore(int x) {
foobarWrapper(&A::foo, 1);
}
void barAndMore(int x, float y) {
foobarWrapper(&A::bar, 1, 3.5f);
}
template<typename T, typename... Args>
void foobarWrapper(T&& func, Args&&... args)
{
std::cout << "Start!" << std::endl;
std::forward<T>(func)(std::forward<Args>(args)...);
std::cout << "End!" << std::endl;
}
};
int main()
{
B b;
b.fooAndMore(1);
b.barAndMore(2, 3.5f);
}
I expect something like that:
Start!
Foo: 1
End!
Start!
Bar: 1, 3.5
End!
But instead I get:
error C2064: term does not evaluate to a function taking 1 arguments
note: see reference to function template instantiation 'void B::foobarWrapper<void(__thiscall A::* )(int),int>(T &&,int &&)' being compiled
with
[
T=void (__thiscall A::* )(int)
]
error C2064: term does not evaluate to a function taking 2 arguments
note: see reference to function template instantiation 'void B::foobarWrapper<void(__thiscall A::* )(int,float),int,float>(T &&,int &&,float &&)' being compiled
with
[
T=void (__thiscall A::* )(int,float)
]
Any idea how to solve this?