Call oracle stored procedure with oracle object parameter

Viewed 862

I upgraded oracle and ojdbc versions from 11.1.0.2 to 12.1.0.2. I want to give an array of oracle object types as a parameter to an oracle procedure. This procedure takes 2 varchar2 parameters on oracle side. For example, I am sending 3 objects as an array of key-value pairs and oracle accepts these objects. My problem is that the parameters (of varchar2 type) are null, when calling my procedure.

Here is the code I have tried.

OracleConnection oraconn = conn.unwrap(OracleConnection.class);
Struct[] paramStructArray = new Struct[3];
paramStructArray[0] = oraconn.createStruct("KEY_VALUE_ENTRY",new Object[]{"key1","value1"});
paramStructArray[1] = oraconn.createStruct("KEY_VALUE_ENTRY",new Object[]{"key2","value2"});
paramStructArray[2] = oraconn.createStruct("KEY_VALUE_ENTRY",new Object[]{"key3","value3"});
Array array = oraconn.createOracleArray("KEY_VALUE_MAP", paramStructArray);

CallableStatement cstmt = getStatement(Statement.REGISTER_REQUEST);
cstmt.setString(1, requestId);
cstmt.setArray(2, array);
cstmt.execute();

This is my java code and here is also my oracle objects


CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE "KEY_VALUE_ENTRY"  AS
OBJECT (
  key VARCHAR2(32),
  val VARCHAR2(2048)
);


CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE "KEY_VALUE_MAP"    AS
TABLE OF key_value_entry;

and my procedure

PROCEDURE register_request_(p_request_id IN varchar2
                             ,p_params     IN key_value_map) AS
  BEGIN
    IF p_params IS NOT NULL THEN
      INSERT INTO test_table
        (request, NAME, VALUE)
        SELECT test_seq.nextval
              ,t.key
              ,t.val
          FROM TABLE(CAST(p_params AS key_value_map)) t;
      COMMIT;
  END IF;
  EXCEPTION
    WHEN OTHERS THEN
      RAISE;
  END;

I am taking 3 KEY_VALUE_ENTRY type objects on oracle side but this objects' key and val fields are both null. I can not figure out what I am doing wrong.

2 Answers

There was Encoding problem, in which java gives and oracle takes this values, after adding orai18n.jar in my classpath everything works fine

I tried this code and it works as expected without adding orai18n.jar to classpath. I kept db methods as they are.

public void insertTable(List<KeyValueObj> list, Connection conn)
            throws SQLException {
        String str = "{call Test_schema.Test_pkg.Register_Request(?,?)}";
        OracleCallableStatement statement = null;
        OracleConnection oraConn = null;
        String requestId = "111";
        try{
            oraConn = conn.unwrap(OracleConnection.class);
            statement = (OracleCallableStatement) oraConn.prepareCall(str);
            statement.setObject(2, getOracleRowObjectList(list, oraConn));
            statement.setString(1,requestId);
            statement.execute();
        }finally {
            try {
                statement.close();
                } catch (Exception e) {

            }
        }

    }

     private Array getOracleRowObjectList(List<KeyValueObj> list, OracleConnection conn) throws SQLException{
        String type = "Test_schema.KEY_VALUE_MAP";
        Struct[] structList = new Struct[list.size()];

        for(int i=0;i<list.size();i++){
            structList[i] = getOracleRowObject(conn, list.get(i));
        }

        return conn.createOracleArray(type, structList);
    }


    private Struct getOracleRowObject(OracleConnection conn, KeyValueObj obj) throws SQLException{
        String typeRow = "Test_schema.KEY_VALUE_ENTRY";
        return conn.createStruct(typeRow,
                new Object[]{ obj.getKey(),
                              obj.getValue(),

        });
    }

KeyValueObj class

public class KeyValueObj {
    private String key;
    private String value;

    public KeyValueObj(String key, String value) {
        super();
        this.key = key;
        this.value = value;
    }

    public String getKey() {
        return key;
    }
    public void setKey(String key) {
        this.key = key;
    }
    public String getValue() {
        return value;
    }
    public void setValue(String value) {
        this.value = value;
    }   

}

Hope, this would help someone facing the same issue.

Related