I am using the Dropbox API with Node JS. I was able to upload files to my Dropbox using HTTP requests, but I am not able to download them with it. My intent is to use HTTP request to view content of the file in the dropbox.
This is the code for uploading files:
var request = require('request')
var fs = require('fs')
var token = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
var filename = "path/to/file/file.txt"
var content = fs.readFileSync(filename)
options = {
method: "POST",
url: 'https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/upload',
headers: {
"Content-Type": "application/octet-stream",
"Authorization": "Bearer " + token,
"Dropbox-API-Arg": "{\"path\": \"/files/"+filename+"\",\"mode\": \"overwrite\",\"autorename\": true,\"mute\": false}",
},
body:content
};
request(options,function(err, res,body){
console.log("Err : " + err);
console.log("res : " + res);
console.log("body : " + body);
})
Now what should the request function be for downloading this file? I was attempting something like this:
var request = require('request')
var fs = require('fs')
var token = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
var filename = "path/to/file/file.txt"
var content = fs.readFileSync(filename)
options = {
method: "GET",
url: 'https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/upload',
headers: {
"Content-Type": "application/octet-stream",
"Authorization": "Bearer " + token,
"Dropbox-API-Arg": "{\"path\": \"/files/"+filename+"\",\"mode\": \"overwrite\",\"autorename\": true,\"mute\": false}",
},
};
request(options,function(err, res){
console.log("Err : " + err);
console.log("res : " + res);
})
But the res just gives object Object
How do I download the file?