Uncheck use Androidx artifacts

Viewed 7291

I have made some projects using androidx, today i decided to start new progject without use of androidx and my starter template shows this

cant uncheck use of androidx
(source: mobytop.ru)

I cant't uncheck 'Use androidx.* artifacts' checkbox. How can i solve this strange behavior and make this checkbox active back?

3 Answers

Solved my issue by deleting latest Android Q sdk. To do this go to Tools->Sdk Manager->Appearence & Behavior->System Settings->Android Sdk and remove tick from Android 9.+ (Q).

I followed this step: Tools>Sdk Manager-> Appearance &Behavior ->System Settings -> Android SDK. then check the Show package details in the bottom right. Next, I check mark everything under android 7.1.1, next uncheck everything android 8 and above. the click apply. that way when you start a now project, you will have the option to uncheck androidx artifacts in the bottom after you select the activity.

Go to the SDK manager in android studio and uncheck android Q ( 29 ).

Related