I went through the documentation for the tag android:cropToPadding here, it only says:
If true, the image will be cropped to fit within its padding.
May be a boolean value, such as "true" or "false".
which is quite confusing for me to understand.
I have an ImageView inside my app, (which was developed by someone else):
<ImageView
android:layout_width="125dp"
android:layout_height="125dp"
android:layout_gravity="center"
android:maxWidth="100dp"
android:padding="20dp" />
This ImageView had cropToPadding tag inside it, there were like 20 ImageView on main screen, which all had this tag inside them, and the app was obviously taking time to load as there were more Images, but then removing images was not an option, so I was finding stuff that was useless and trying to optimize the layout when I came across this tag.
Removing this tag did no change to the images that were shown inside the ImageView, but there must be some reason that every image contained this tag. So I started finding what this tag did, and documentation wasn't much clear as to why this tag should be used.
Can someone please explain what this tag does to the Image? I found out not many resources, all that I found was "This crops the Image to padding", what does that mean! I know what padding is, I know what cropping is, but what does "Sets whether this ImageView will crop to padding" mean?
