Originally, with the code I was using, Pool.map was sufficient for threading my code as there was only one argument (an, iterable) being passed in as a parameter to my function. Now, I have a requirement to pass in multiple arguments to the function and I'm having some trouble using Pool.starmap.
I attempted to use zip alongside Pool.map to no avail.
Here's my current code:
def get_links_on_page(job_title, page_num):
page = requests.get("%s/jobs?q=%s&l=%s%%2C%s&start=%s" % (__SITE_BASE__, job_title.replace(' ', '+'), 'City', 'PROV', str(page_num*25)), verify=False)
print(page.url)
soup = BeautifulSoup(page.content, 'html.parser')
return [link.a.get('href') for link in soup.find_all('div', {'class': 'title'})]
def get_all_links(job_title):
"""
:param: job_title (string): A string representing the job's title
"""
all_links = []
pool = ThreadPool(processes=20)
all_links.extend(pool.starmap(get_links_on_page, (job_title, [i for i in range(1, 5)])))
pool.close()
return all_links
This gives me an error like:
TypeError: '<=' not supported between instances of 'list' and 'int'
I also attempted to pass in the two arguments as an iterable like so:
def get_all_links(job_title):
all_links = []
pool = ThreadPool(processes=20)
all_links.extend(pool.starmap(get_links_on_page, [job_title, [i for i in range(1, 5)]])) #[func(job_title, 1), func(job_title, 2), func(job_title, 3) ...]
pool.close()
return all_links
And that would equate to 18 arguments and thus throw an error. I'm currently reading the docs here:
https://docs.python.org/dev/library/multiprocessing.html#multiprocessing.pool.Pool.starmap
But I'm having trouble getting the syntax down..
Any help would be really appreciated!