I was using a sql query to pull a couple of days' data of a deployed solution
And I was using the query in following manner
select column1, column2, column3, column 4
where <condition 1> AND <condition 2> AND
created_timestamp BETWEEN '05-31-2019' AND '06-11-2019'
Now it used to fetch the values of all the columns and was filtering the data by the conditions as expected, except there was one twist here. It was not fetching data for the date 11th of June which is being provided as the upper limit.
Now as far as I know between operator includes both the endpoints of the range being provided.
What confused me more was that it was somehow including the data for the date 31st of may which is the upper limit.
I need to know whether or not between operator(especially in postgresql don't think so it will change just want to confirm) includes end points of the range?
Even if it includes/excludes it should behave same for both the end points I do not understand the biased behavior any one having a clue on this?