Unable to select 'settings activity' in android studio

Viewed 1943

I am following the tutorial (9.2), it asks to add a 'settings activity', when i try to select it, it is greyed out and says that it 'requires androidx support'. I can find no reference to androidx support in the tutorial and have tried googling the problem to no avail. I have even loaded the completed project from the master files to compare their code with mine, i can find no reference to androidx. I am using android studio 3.4.1

1 Answers

As it says, it requires androidx support. You need to enable AndroidX in your project. Add these two lines to your gradle.properties file:

android.useAndroidX=true
android.enableJetifier=true

Setting these two gradle plugin flags to true means that Android Plugin will use appropriate AndroidX library instead of support Library & will rewrite their binaries. Also note that, since you need to use AndroidX in this project, you need to set the compile SDK to Android 9.0 (API level 28) or higher.

For knowing more how to migrate an entire project to AndroidX, please follow this link

Related