Batch File run npm start

Viewed 9809

I have an angular application, that can be started with the command npm start in the console. Now I want to create a batchfile, that executes "npm install" when started. This is the batch file I created:

frontend.bat

cd "<path>"
npm start

When I execute the File, the console shows up quickly, but then nothing happens.

My question is, is it even possible to do npm start in a batch file? And if not, is there another way to start a angular application with a batch file?

Thank you

3 Answers

you could try to pause the execution of the batch file with

cd "<path>"
npm start
pause

otherwise the batch file will exit and take npm down with it.

NPM does an EXIT. You can do this (modify as desired).

CMD /C "%ProgramFiles%\nodejs\npm" i --loglevel error

Another way is writing cmd /k at the end of the file. It is better than pause, because with pause terminal window will be closed anyway once any key is pressed. cmd /k will leave the window open and ready for input. To maintain clean terminal you can add @echo off before it, so the cmd /k does not get printed.

cd "<path>"
npm start
@echo off
cmd /k
Related