What causes this webpack code 2 error and how to solve it?

Viewed 3071

Cannot even build in sidekick after a simple change

I created a new Core/TS project in Sidekick, I built the app and developed some stuff, but later I changed the icon to a nicer one (which requires a new build, no HMR for this type of change obviously), now I cannot build my app (cloud build, because I don't have Android Studio).

I checked the /main/assets/app/ and the icons were successfully changed there and they were existed.

What is happening? How do I fix this big issue? My patience bottle with all these critical errors even after simple changes is getting emptied.

I also tried "removing .cloud and folder directories", and clicking "clean cloud processes", adding "clean" option, etc... But none worked.


I also updated the webpack.config.js file, with node_modules.bin\update-ns-webpack --configs The file got successfully updated, but still did not solve the problem and I still cannot build.

Still after many hours cannot cloud build my app in sidekick. I also tried tns platform remove android, tns install, etc, etc... none worked out.

this is the error message:

[00:00:18.521] [WARN]  Executing webpack failed with exit code 2.
[00:00:18.681] [ERROR] clean-webpack-plugin: /mnt/storage/builds/_/af8fe992d35e76b54f5523261a83dac973ffc9ed/5.3.4/5.3.1/Spread/platforms/android/app/src/main/assets/app/**/* has been removed.
Executing webpack failed with exit code 2.
'Build failed with error code 2'.
[19-06-10 19:13:56.767] Couldn't enable debugging for EP7333JKFA, Error: Couldn't enable debugging for EP7333JKFA
    at Errors.fail (C:\Users\Bridge\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nativescript\lib\common\errors.js:126:28)
    at Errors.failWithoutHelp (C:\Users\Bridge\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nativescript\lib\common\errors.js:136:21)
    at LiveSyncService.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Bridge\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nativescript\lib\services\livesync\livesync-service.js:253:30)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at C:\Users\Bridge\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nativescript\lib\services\livesync\livesync-service.js:13:71
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at __awaiter (C:\Users\Bridge\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nativescript\lib\services\livesync\livesync-service.js:9:12)
    at LiveSyncService.enableDebuggingCoreWithoutWaitingCurrentAction (C:\Users\Bridge\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nativescript\lib\services\livesync\livesync-service.js:250:16)
    at LiveSyncService.enableDebuggingCoreWithoutWaitingCurrentAction (C:\Users\Bridge\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nativescript\lib\common\decorators.js:67:47)
    at LiveSyncService.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Bridge\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nativescript\lib\services\livesync\livesync-service.js:290:25)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at fulfilled (C:\Users\Bridge\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nativescript\lib\services\livesync\livesync-service.js:10:58)
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)
OUTPUT 2

EDIT: SOLVED https://github.com/NativeScript/sidekick-feedback/issues/384#issuecomment-508028462

2 Answers

I know this isn't an answer, but it is happening to me, too. I am running Nativescript 5.4.1. I can build with webpack, but as soon as I try to run with AOT or Uglify, I can't build and the error message isn't very helpful.

Try to remove and add 'nativescript-dev-webpack'-plugin using nativescript-sidekick-GUI, this resolve my issue...

Related