bitrise could not find transporter at Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer

Viewed 2351

I am trying to upload ios archive to testflight using bitrise and fastlane but after archive success I get the error "Could not find transporter at Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer" and the workflow fails.

Here is my fastlane file

platform :ios do
  desc "Push a new beta build to TestFlight"
    lane :beta do
      increment_build_number(xcodeproj: "APPNAME.xcodeproj")
      match(type: "appstore")
      cocoapods
      build_app(workspace: "APPNAME.xcworkspace", scheme: "APPNAME")
      upload_to_testflight
      commit_version_bump(
        message: "Fastlane iOS: Released new build #{lane_context[SharedValues::BUILD_NUMBER]} [ci skip].",
        xcodeproj: "./APPNAME.xcodeproj",
        force: true
      )
      clean_build_artifacts
    end
end

2 Answers

I first got this error and so I downloaded Transporter off the apple help page. However, Transporter 2x is not compatible with xcode 11. You need to use the version that is bundled with xcode 10x.

This github thread contains a download link to the appropriate binary.

If you have already installed the incorrect version of Transporter in the default path that fastlane expects /usr/local/itms, then use the environment variable FASTLANE_ITUNES_TRANSPORTER_PATH to specify a path to iTMSTransporter.cmd.

Specifying this path solved my issue and I was able to release to the apple store with xcode 11.

Related