I have some roles asigned to users. I would like to have a user redirected after login to different urls in order the role that user belongs to. I have followed this post but it didn't work to me. I don't know if using backpack it would be different.
Best regards.
Edit.
This is the code in the login controller.
<?php
namespace Backpack\Base\app\Http\Controllers\Auth;
use Backpack\Base\app\Http\Controllers\Controller;
use Illuminate\Foundation\Auth\AuthenticatesUsers;
use Illuminate\Http\Request;
class LoginController extends Controller{
protected $data = []; // the information we send to the view
protected $redirectTo = '/home';
/*
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Login Controller
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|
| This controller handles authenticating users for the application and
| redirecting them to your home screen. The controller uses a trait
| to conveniently provide its functionality to your applications.
|
*/
use AuthenticatesUsers {
logout as defaultLogout;
}
protected function authenticated(Request $request, $user){
/*if ( $user->isAdmin() ) {// do your margic here
return redirect('/home1');
}*/
return redirect('/myhome');
}
/**
* Create a new controller instance.
*
* @return void
*/
public function __construct()
{
$guard = backpack_guard_name();
$this->middleware("guest:$guard", ['except' => 'logout']);
// ----------------------------------
// Use the admin prefix in all routes
// ----------------------------------
// If not logged in redirect here.
$this->loginPath = property_exists($this, 'loginPath') ? $this->loginPath
: backpack_url('login');
// Redirect here after successful login.
$this->redirectTo = property_exists($this, 'redirectTo') ? $this->redirectTo
: backpack_url('dashboard');
// Redirect here after logout.
$this->redirectAfterLogout = property_exists($this, 'redirectAfterLogout') ? $this->redirectAfterLogout
: backpack_url();
}
/**
* Return custom username for authentication.
*
* @return string
*/
public function username()
{
return backpack_authentication_column();
}
/**
* Log the user out and redirect him to specific location.
*
* @param \Illuminate\Http\Request $request
*
* @return \Illuminate\Http\Response
*/
public function logout(Request $request)
{
// Do the default logout procedure
$this->guard()->logout();
// And redirect to custom location
return redirect($this->redirectAfterLogout);
}
/**
* Get the guard to be used during logout.
*
* @return \Illuminate\Contracts\Auth\StatefulGuard
*/
protected function guard()
{
return backpack_auth();
}
// -------------------------------------------------------
// Laravel overwrites for loading backpack views
// -------------------------------------------------------
/**
* Show the application login form.
*
* @return \Illuminate\Http\Response
*/
public function showLoginForm()
{
$this->data['title'] = trans('backpack::base.login'); // set the page title
$this->data['username'] = $this->username();
return view('backpack::auth.login', $this->data);
}
}
If I put this code in the path
vendor\backpack\base\src\app\Http\Controllers\Auth\LoginController.php
It works fine. But If I put the code in
app\Http\Controllers\Auth\LoginController.php
It does not work
I'm trying to extend the controller like this
use Backpack\Base\app\Http\Controllers\Auth\LoginController as OriginalLoginController;
class MyLoginController extends OriginalLoginController{
.....
}