git-p4 clone from remote Perforce repo gives me empty folder

Viewed 633

I'm cloning a Perforce project from server on Windows. I have a working Perforce client spec called myclient.

I used the following command to clone:

git p4 clone --use-client-spec //myclient/path/to/folder@all

The result is an empty folder d:/local/path/to/folder. local is where I choose to save my git-p4 local repo.

The output looks like these:

Reinitialized existing Git repository in d:/local/path/to/folder/.git/
Importing from //myclient/path/to/folder@all into folder
Import destination: refs/remotes/p4/master

Importing revision xxxxxx (0%)Ignoring revision xxxxxx as it would produce an empty commit.
Importing revision yyyyyy (31%)Ignoring revision yyyyyy as it would produce an empty commit.
....
....

Not checking out any branch, use "git checkout -q -b master <branch>"

The said client workspace works fine with P4V and p4. What am I missing here?

I referred to this post which didn't help: git p4 clone has no files

UPDATE

I followed @SamStafford 's suggestion and ran:

$ git p4 clone --use-client-spec //myclient/path/to/folder/...

This still gives me the empty folder:

Reinitialized existing Git repository in //myclient/path/to/folder/.git/
Importing from //myclient/path/to/folder/... into folder
Doing initial import of //myclient/path/to/folder/ from revision #head into refs/remotes/p4/master
Ignoring revision 474364 as it would produce an empty commit.
Not checking out any branch, use "git checkout -q -b master <branch>"

More tips needed.

0 Answers
Related