Unity Google Play Console Warning optimize APK

Viewed 4400

I uploaded a Unity game to Google Play Console. But I got this warning:

APK without optimization Warning:

This APK has codes and resources that are not used and that are being sent to users. Reduce the size of your application with the Android App Bundle. If you do not optimize your application for different device configurations, it will weigh too much to download and install it on users' devices. The heavier applications have a lower volume of downloads. In addition, they take up a lot of storage space on users' devices.

Solution: Use the Android App Bundle to be automatically optimized according to different device configurations or manage it with several APKs.

Why it can be? In my Unity project, I have the scenes with all necessary and in Asset, I have the resources, prefabs, scripts...

I have some resources which do not use in any scene yet, it can be the problem? And if it is, how I could fix it? I do not wanna delete resources from the project which I will use shortly...

2 Answers

You uploaded an apk. You can upload an Android App Bundle instead by using unity:

enter image description here

The Play Console has detected that your APK includes native libraries for multiple device architectures. This means that regardless of the architecture of the device of your users, they will receive the libraries for all of them.

This is just a warning to let you know that your app is unnecessarily big and could be reduced in size by publishing an App Bundle instead of an APK (Play would then generate the APKs for you, but only serves the libraries that each device needs).

@LiefLayer has shown you in the other answer how to do it from Unity. Keep in mind however that you'll need to be enrolled in App Signing by Play before that.

You can find more information at http://g.co/androidappbundle

Hope that helps,

Related