I'd like to create a mailchimp campaign for a subsets of an email list by filtering the list on a tag ('test_tag') that I've applied to the intended subset. I'm not sure what the correct syntax is for this. I can't find any documentation on how to programmatically create anything using tags.
I can successfully achieve emailing the subset of my list using the 'prebuilt_segment_id' feature. I created a segment called 'test_segment'.
The following code works:
curl --request POST \
--url 'https://us18.api.mailchimp.com/3.0/campaigns' \
--user 'anystring:12345667889qwerty' \
--header 'content-type: application/json' \
--data '{"recipients":{"list_id":"123abc", "segment_opts":{"prebuilt_segment_id":"test_segment"}},"type":"regular","settings":{"subject_line":"Your Purchase Receipt", "reply_to":"orders@mammothhouse.com","from_name":"Customer Service"}}' \
--include
What would the syntax be for using my tag 'test_tag' instead of my segment (assume that every member in the 'test_segment' has the tag of 'test_tag')?
The following code does not work:
curl --request POST \
--url 'https://us18.api.mailchimp.com/3.0/campaigns' \
--user 'anystring:12345667889qwerty' \
--header 'content-type: application/json' \
--data '{"recipients":{"list_id":"123abc", "segment_opts":{"conditions":[ { "condition_type":"Tag", "field":"tag", "op":"is", "value":"test_tag" }]},"type":"regular","settings":{"subject_line":"Your Purchase Receipt", "reply_to":"orders@mammothhouse.com","from_name":"Customer Service"}}' \
--include
Any help with this or any examples of using tags to create something using the api would be much appreciated (eg, can I create a segment using tags?)