Firebase Crashlytics Bitmap OutOfMemoryError which activity

Viewed 405

I see a user of mine got a crash. How do I know when this crash happened? Which activity did it happen in? Which line of code?

I don't use Bitmap factory anywhere, but I do display some pictures in ImageView.

Here is the crash as shown to me in the Firebase console:

Fatal Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
   at android.graphics.Bitmap.nativeCreateFromParcel(Bitmap.java)
   at android.graphics.Bitmap.access$000(Bitmap.java:31)
   at android.graphics.Bitmap$1.createFromParcel(Bitmap.java:1308)
   at android.graphics.Bitmap$1.createFromParcel(Bitmap.java:1300)
   at android.app.IUiAutomationConnection$Stub$Proxy.takeScreenshot(IUiAutomationConnection.java:224)
   at android.app.UiAutomation.takeScreenshot(UiAutomation.java:599)
   at com.google.android.apps.mtaas.crawler.platform.common.Utils.takeScreenshot(Utils.java:42)
   at com.google.android.apps.mtaas.crawler.platform.hybrid.ViewScreenStateBuilder.traverseAndBuild(ViewScreenStateBuilder.java:41)
   at com.google.android.apps.mtaas.crawler.platform.hybrid.HybridStateExtractor.tryExtractingScreenState(HybridStateExtractor.java:40)
   at com.google.android.apps.mtaas.crawler.platform.hybrid.HybridStateExtractor.getStableScreen(HybridStateExtractor.java:8)
   at com.google.android.apps.mtaas.crawler.controller.remote.RemotePlatform.handlePerformScrape(RemotePlatform.java:40)
   at com.google.android.apps.mtaas.crawler.controller.remote.RemotePlatform.access$400(RemotePlatform.java:81)
   at com.google.android.apps.mtaas.crawler.controller.remote.RemotePlatform$ControllerMessageHandler.handleMessage(RemotePlatform.java:10)
   at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
   at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:176)
   at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

I never got this crash myself? I can see which device it happened on, (Galaxy S3), so I tried it in an emulator, and everything worked.

Thanks

Here is screen shot from email enter image description here

3 Answers

I don't think this is coming from a user. The origin of your stack trace is com.google.android.apps.mtaas.crawler. This is most likely coming from the Goole Play Pre-launch Test Report when you submitted your *.apk to Google Play. This happens automatically. And as one of the the other comments stated, it looks like it's running out of memory when the crawler is taking a screenshot.

If you log into Google Play, you should see an option to view the Prelaunch test report (from the left menu go to Release Management -> Pre-launch report). In fact, you should have gotten a warning right before you published the app I believe. This is probably a bug in that service and not a user. So you probably don't have to worry about it. Though it might be a good idea to file a bug Google Play.

if you connected with your email, you will always get an email from firebase

like this enter image description here

Related