Tensorflow Python 3.7

Viewed 33946

Tensorflow version for Python 3.7

Any news about tensorflow update for python 3.7. When I try to install tensorflow inside my venv like:

pip install tensorflow

I got an error:

Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement tensorflow (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for tensorflow

7 Answers

Python 3.7 is now supported officially in TensorFlow 1.13.1:

Major Features and Improvements

  • TensorFlow Lite has moved from contrib to core. This means that Python modules are under tf.lite and source code is now under tensorflow/lite rather than tensorflow/contrib/lite.
  • TensorFlow GPU binaries are now built against CUDA 10 and TensorRT 5.0.
  • Support for Python3.7 on all operating systems.
  • Moved NCCL to core.

source

Firstly, you should download and set up the anaconda via anaconda and then open anaconda prompt and then follow these steps via TensorFlow. Fourthly, you should use 'pip install --ignore-installed --upgrade tensorflow==1.14.0' to install TensorFlow 1.14 on Conda Finally, you can use TensorFlow that is version 1.14 on python 3.7

Have a Great Time.

You need to install a 64-bit version of Python and 3.7 does not work with tensorflow right now, I suggest a downgrade to 3.6.x

Currently, for Windows users, pip install https://storage.googleapis.com/tensorflow/windows/cpu/tensorflow_cpu-2.1.0-cp37-cp37m-win_amd64.whl
works with python_3.7(64-bit) and at least pip 19.0

I tried many versions of the tensorflow with python 3.7 and failed. But finally tensorflow version 1.14 worked.

I was having the same problem as you- I was using Python 3.7 32-bit on Windows 10 64-bit machine. Since TensorFlow doesn't support 32-bit Python hence it said that "No matching distribution found for TensorFlow".

What worked for me is that I uninstalled the 32-bit Python version and installed the 64-bit Python version and pip install tensorflow worked immediately for downloading TensorFlow 2.2.0. Note that TensorFlow now supports till Python 3.8.

Check if you have the 32-bit version of Python. To check whether you have the 32-bit version or 64-bit version, type IDLE in the search bar and you will be able to tell which version it is.

Related