DBeaver can only see default PostgreSQL database in connection

Viewed 29018

I use DBeaver v 5.2.5 on Windows and use it to connect to PostgreSQL databases.

To create a connection, I must specify the database and I have no mean to see other databases on the same server.

A colleague using DBeaver 5.3 on Mac has an option to see all databases, not just the default one.

Is there an equivalent setup on the windows version?

3 Answers

On the connection, right-click -> Edit connection -> Connection settings -> on the tabbed panel, select PostgreSQL, check the box Show all databases.

Today I had to reinstall DBeaver on a new machine and this time, I let DBeaver download the postgresql drivers.

In this case, I can see the other databases so I can only assume that it was due to the jdbc drivers I loaded

The same problem in DBeaver 21.3.1, Postgress 14.1 installed with brew on MacOS Catalina. I've solved it in the Connection settings:

On the connection, right-click -> Edit connection -> Connection settings -> then click button "Edit Driver Settings", check "Embedded" checkbox.

Related