I tried using tree command to see the directory structure but it dint work on my mac terminal, it says : command not found. I tried to install the package for command using $brew install tree. it did not work either???
I tried using tree command to see the directory structure but it dint work on my mac terminal, it says : command not found. I tried to install the package for command using $brew install tree. it did not work either???
brew install tree
Windows and Linux already have the function, so Mac needs installation.
Reference: https://superuser.com/q/359723
Why not make your own? Open up ~/.bash_profile or ~/.bashrc or /etc/bashrc (open that one with sudo) and add the following line at the bottom:
alias tree='find . -print | sed -e "s;[^/]*/;|____;g;s;____|; |;g"'
Now log out and log back in and your tree command should work - albeit lacking some function of the utility, no doubt :)
I tested this, but thanks to http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/09/view-folder-tree-terminal-mac-os-tree-equivalent/ for coming up with the idea.
If you're using Homebrew on your Mac, simply use brew install tree command on your terminal.
If you dont have availability to install tree in linux, but you have installed gio, you can use gio tree with similar functionality.