What permissions do I need to get Connections API?

Viewed 499

Currently I log in

https://www.linkedin.com/oauth/v2/authorization?response_type=code&client_id[myclientid]&state=invite&redirect_uri=http://127.0.0.1:8081&scope=r_basicprofile+rw_company_admin+w_share

Then I make an OAuth GET request in Postman

https://www.linkedin.com/oauth/v2/accessToken?code[accesstokengivenfrompreviousrequest]&client_secret[mysecretclient]&client_id[myclientid]&redirect_uri=http://127.0.0.1:8081&grant_type=authorization_code

And then I make a GET request in Postman for my connections like the example they gave me here

https://api.linkedin.com/v2/connections?q=viewer&count=50

and these are my results

{
    "serviceErrorCode":100,
    "message":"Not enough permissions to access: GET-viewer /connections",
    "status":403
}

The page here says:

"To use the Connections API, you must request an access token to make an authenticated call on behalf of a member."

and the permissions given are: r_1st_connections & r_compliance so when I try to add those permissions to the first login link I posted, it says it's not in the scope of what I can do. So I try to look for what I need for these permissions and follow to 2-legged and 3-legged permissions page where it states none of the permissions or what is needed for them.

So how do I access r_1st_connections & r_compliance?

And to save me trouble, because if you know that then you would probably know whether or not I can obtain an email addresses from my r_1st_connections, because if I can't then I don't need to bother with this anyways.

0 Answers
Related