Default toolbar and status bar not showing into xml preview in android studio 3.3

Viewed 7581

The base theme of android studio did not showing the default Actionbar and Status Bar in the XML preview option in android studio 3.3 version.

It looks like this:

image1

But it used to/should look like this:

image2

How do i get it to show the navigation bar and action bar again?

3 Answers

Solution is very simple... step by step:

You should do > Design in Design/Text, there is a eye icon above (top left corner) (click) and click Show Layout Decorations Taa taaaa :)

I also updated Andriod Studio to 3.3 and faced this problem also. At first I thought I should downgrade the Studio Version then I saw I EYE icon and marked Show Layout Decorations option. See below

enter image description here

And now (nov 2020, Android Studio 4.0.1) it's Show System UI

enter image description here

Related