I am writing a program in VBScript to automate the process of file encryption, and am struggling with a problem.
I want to test which code the script will execute based on whether a file comparison returns an errorlevel of 0 or 1. (For simplicity, I cut out that code from this post.) Google searches have pointed me to the following to start the process of modifying one of the comparison files for this purpose.
Set testFile = fso.OpenTextFile(testDestFile, 8, False, 0)
However, VBScript always throws a "File not found" error for that line unless I put
WScript.Echo "testDestFile is '" & testDestFile & "'..."
right before it.
I don't want that, because the script's actions should be invisible to the user unless necessary. When I run this script, I can see in Windows Explorer that it creates the file represented by testDestFile. What am I doing wrong?
Option Explicit
Dim baseDirLen, compareOpts, decryptOpts, destDataPath, destFolder, _
destFolderPath, encDestFile, encryptorPath, encryptOpts, file, fileName, _
folder, folderEnd, fso, keyPath, oShell, srcDataPath, srcDirEndLen, _
srcFolder, strErrorCode, testDestFile, testDiff, testFile, t
Set oShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
srcDataPath = "e:\EZcrypt\TargetData"
keyPath = "e:\EZcrypt\Key\Demo010719.key.bin"
destDataPath = "E:\EZcrypt\EncryptedData"
encryptorPath = "E:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin\openssl"
Set srcFolder = fso.GetFolder(srcDataPath)
baseDirLen = Len(srcDataPath)
recurseFolders(srcFolder)
Sub recurseFolders(srcFolder)
For Each folder In srcFolder.subfolders
srcDirEndLen = (Len(folder) - baseDirLen - 1)
folderEnd = Right(folder, srcDirEndLen)
destFolderPath = destDataPath & "\" & folderEnd & "\"
If Not fso.FolderExists(destFolderPath) Then
fso.CreateFolder(destFolderPath)
End If
For Each file In folder.Files
fileName = fso.GetFileName(file)
testDestFile = destFolderPath & "test." & fileName
encDestFile = destFolderPath & fileName & ".enc"
If Not fso.FileExists(encDestFile) Then
strErrorCode = ""
encryptOpts = encryptorPath & " enc -aes-256-cbc -salt -in """ & _
file & """ -out """ & encDestFile & _
""" -pass file:""" & keyPath & """ -pbkdf2"
oShell.Run (encryptOpts)
decryptOpts = encryptorPath & " enc -d -aes-256-cbc -in """ & _
encDestFile & """ -out """ & testDestFile & _
""" -pass file:""" & keyPath & """ -pbkdf2"
oShell.Run (decryptOpts)
WEcript.Echo "testDestFile is '" & testDestFile & "'..."
Set testFile = fso.OpenTextFile(testDestFile, 8, False, 0)
Else
WScript.Echo "'" & encDestFile & "' exists. Skipping..."
End If
Next
recurseFolders(folder)
Next
End Sub