Please help me I am starting a game and my sprite is not showing on screen. Take a look, I am using two files, which include pygame and classes. I hope that's enough information.
Adventure.py --
import pygame, random
pygame.init()
BROWN = (205,192,176)
DEEPBROWN = (139,131,120)
CL = (156,102,31)
from LittleMan import LittleMan
playerSprite = LittleMan(CL, 200, 300)
size = (1000, 600)
screen = pygame.display.set_mode(size)
pygame.display.set_caption("Adventure")
all_sprites_list = pygame.sprite.Group()
playerSprite.rect.x = 200
playerSprite.rect.y = 300
carryOn = True
clock = pygame.time.Clock()
while carryOn:
for event in pygame.event.get():
screen.fill(BROWN)
pygame.draw.rect(screen, DEEPBROWN, [55, 250, 900, 70],0)
all_sprites_list.draw(screen)
all_sprites_list.add()
all_sprites_list.update()
pygame.display.flip()
clock.tick(60)
if event.type == pygame.QUIT:
carryOn = False
if event.type==pygame.KEYDOWN:
if event.key==pygame.K_x: #Pressing the x Key will quit the game
carryOn=False
keys = pygame.key.get_pressed()
if keys[pygame.K_LEFT]:
LittleMan.moveLeft(5)
if keys[pygame.K_RIGHT]:
LittleMan.moveRight(5)
LitlleMan.py --
import pygame
CL = (156,102,31)
WHITE = (255,255,255)
class LittleMan (pygame.sprite.Sprite):
def __init__(self, color, width, height):
super().__init__()
self.image = pygame.Surface([50, 75])
self.image.fill(CL)
self.image.set_colorkey(WHITE)
pygame.draw.rect(self.image, CL, [0, 0, width, height])
self.rect = self.image.get_rect()
def moveRight(self, pixels):
self.rect.x += pixels
def moveLeft(self, pixels):
self.rect.x -= pixels
Anyone know why this could be? I've looked everywhere but I've done it in two files and no-one seems to have an answer to that and if there is a decent answer please link it. Thank you.