I am working on a Shiny app with a navbarPage with plenty of tabPanels. Here is a minimal example:
ui <- navbarPage(
'example', collapsible=TRUE,
tabPanel("panel 01", 'some text'), tabPanel("panel 02"), tabPanel("panel 03"),
tabPanel("panel 04"), tabPanel("panel 05"), tabPanel("panel 06"),
tabPanel("panel 07"), tabPanel("panel 08"), tabPanel("panel 09"),
tabPanel("panel 10"), tabPanel("panel 11"), tabPanel("panel 12")
)
server <- function(input, output){}
shinyApp(ui=ui, server=server)
Now, if the screen is wide enough, the tabs align nicely with the title, looking like this:

However, in a smaller window, the panels do not fit in one row anymore, resulting in this:

The panel headers are moved to a row below the title, basically wasting a lot of space in the title row. This is especially annoying since I have the title set to "" or NULL, resulting in an empty row:

Is there a way to remove/hide this empty row? I have tried messing around with style tags, but nothing came even close to fixing this problem.