Android Studio Layout Preview Low Resolution

Viewed 1301

I have recently updated to Android Studio 3.3 and have noticed that my layout preview is at a low resolution.

enter image description here

Is there any solution to fixing this? This issue occurs only with the preview and in the design tab (excluding the blueprint) - running the app is fine.

Thanks

UPDATE: I deleted all of my Android Studio files, including the SDK (which was somehow installed on my other SSD). Then I re-downloaded Android Studio 3.3 and opened my project, only to find that the issue still remained.

2 Answers

A lot of users are facing problems until now with Android Studio 3.3. I don't think it's a problem with graphic card, maybe they will release a new update fixing the problems in the near future. For the moment would suggest you to work with design/blueprint, and test by running the app.

I solved the problem by adding this line to my IDE custom properties:

hidpi=false

Just go to Help -> Edit Custom Properties (Create new file if it doesn't exits)

Then add the following line and restart your IDE. enter image description here

Related