helm install in kuberneres - Error: This command needs 2 arguments: release name, chart path

Viewed 4789
2 Answers

I think the problem is the -f - that is normally used for a values file but it is pointing to a whole dir and not a values file. If you take that out and run helm upgrade --install my-che-installation --namespace my-che-namespace ./ from the suggested path then you get a different error because the dependencies are not built. If you then run helm dep build . and try again then it works.

When I see this error the first thing that comes to my mind (and I ran into this many times) are typos in the command.

For example when I use --set to pass inline values and I leave a whitespace in the assignment:

#Error: This command needs 2 arguments
helm upgrade --install -f  <VALUES_FILE_PATH> --set SomeToken= $Token ..

#OK
helm upgrade --install -f  <VALUES_FILE_PATH> --set SomeToken=$Token ..

I would also check if the -f flag was passed in the right location.

Related