passenger fails to start when restarting web server

Viewed 1279

I am seeing a weird passenger error when restarting httpd in /var/log/httpd/error_log:

[ N 2019-01-14 13:34:38.1896 30817/T1 age/Wat/WatchdogMain.cpp:1366 ]: Starting Passenger watchdog...
[ N 2019-01-14 13:34:38.2390 30820/T1 age/Cor/CoreMain.cpp:1339 ]: Starting Passenger core...
[ N 2019-01-14 13:34:38.2393 30820/T1 age/Cor/CoreMain.cpp:256 ]: Passenger core running in multi-application mode.
[ N 2019-01-14 13:34:38.2991 30820/T1 age/Cor/CoreMain.cpp:1014 ]: Passenger core online, PID 30820
[Mon Jan 14 13:34:38.306645 2019] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 30775] AH00163: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) Phusion_Passenger/6.0.0 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Mon Jan 14 13:34:38.306705 2019] [core:notice] [pid 30775] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/httpd -D FOREGROUND'
[ N 2019-01-14 13:34:38.7734 30780/T1 age/Cor/TelemetryCollector.h:531 ]: Message from Phusion: End time can not be before or equal to begin time
[ N 2019-01-14 13:34:38.8869 30780/T1 age/Cor/CoreMain.cpp:1324 ]: Passenger core shutdown finished

The second to last line appears to be what's giving me an issue.

My best guess is that this was caused by reverting my VM to a snapshot, but I can't find any way to get passenger to run.

1 Answers

Old question but this is the only place I've seen the same mistake I got, In my case the problem was that I turned on a force_ssl config in my rails app when I was accepting requests on port 80. So, if you have a rails app and have this message the solution might be to comment next line on production.rb

config.force_ssl = true
Related