Here is the source for a self contained Facebook login component in Vue. I'm trying to use this with AWS Amplify. I successfully get the Facebook login screen to appear and I am able to get an identity id in AWS cognito. However, things aren't quite working.
<template>
<div>
<Button
class="FacebookButton"
v-text="buttonText"
@click="handleClick"
:disabled="isLoading"
/>
</div>
</template>
<script>
import Auth from "@aws-amplify/auth";
import { AmplifyEventBus } from "aws-amplify-vue";
export default {
name: "FacebookButton",
components: {
},
data() {
return {
buttonText: "Login to Facebook",
isLoading: true
};
},
computed: {},
async mounted() {
this.loadFacebookSDK();
await this.waitForInit();
this.isLoading = false;
},
beforeCreate() {},
methods: {
waitForInit() {
return new Promise(res => {
const hasFbLoaded = () => {
if (window.FB) {
res();
} else {
setTimeout(hasFbLoaded, 300);
}
};
hasFbLoaded();
});
},
statusChangeCallback(response) {
if (response.status === "connected") {
this.handleResponse(response.authResponse);
} else {
this.handleError(response);
}
},
checkLoginState() {
window.FB.getLoginStatus(this.statusChangeCallback);
},
handleClick() {
window.FB.login(this.checkLoginState, { scope: "public_profile,email" });
},
handleError(error) {
alert(error);
},
async handleResponse(data) {
const { email, accessToken: token, expiresIn } = data;
const expires_at = expiresIn * 1000 + new Date().getTime();
const user = { email };
this.isLoading = true;
try {
//const response = await Auth.federatedSignIn(
await Auth.federatedSignIn("facebook", { token, expires_at }, user);
this.isLoading = false;
AmplifyEventBus.$emit("authState", "signedIn");
//this.props.onLogin(response);
} catch (e) {
this.isLoading = false;
this.handleError(e);
}
},
loadFacebookSDK() {
window.fbAsyncInit = function() {
window.FB.init({
appId: "yourappidhere",
xfbml: true,
version: "v3.2"
});
window.FB.AppEvents.logPageView();
};
(function(d, s, id) {
var js,
fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
if (d.getElementById(id)) {
return;
}
js = d.createElement(s);
js.id = id;
js.src = "https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js";
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
})(document, "script", "facebook-jssdk");
}
}
};
</script>
<style scoped>
</style>
This code is a port from a React example here: https://serverless-stack.com/chapters/facebook-login-with-cognito-using-aws-amplify.html
I'm trying to make this Facebook login work with the existing Amplify authenticator state management system by emitting the change to authState as follows:
AmplifyEventBus.$emit("authState", "signedIn");
This causes the Authenticator widget to 'disappear', but it doesn't let me get into my app. I'm not quite sure where to go next.