Reduce size of text in slack message

Viewed 10679

Is there a way to reduce the size of the text in slack messages just the way we have ways to make the text bold/italics?

2 Answers

No. The Slack markup does not include a feature for changing the font size. Your only formatting options are:

  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Strike-through
  • Quotes
  • Inline Code
  • Lists

See Message Formatting (API docs) and Format your messages (Help Center) for more details.

Another thought: If your aim is to reduce the size of your overall message appearing in a Slack channel I would suggest taking a look at attachments. Those will automatically be shortened and shown with an "Show more" option if its text exceeds 700 chars.

For version 4.10.1 the best I was able to come up with was superscript. I typed out my text in a word processor, turned it into superscript, and copy/pasted it back into Slack. This is what it looked like. It's quite small.

superscript text in slack image

Related