I am trying to use scikit-learn GridSearchCV together with XGBoost XGBClassifier wrapper for my unbalanced multi-class classification problem. So far I have used a list of class weights as an input for the scale_pos_weight argument, but this does not seem to work as all my predictions are for the majority class. This is probably because in the documentation of the XGBClassifier it is mentioned that scale_pos_weight can only be used for binary classification problems.
So my question is, how can I input sample/class weights for a multi-class classification task using scikit-learn GridSearchCV?
My code is below:
import numpy as np
import xgboost as xgb
from sklearn.model_selection import GridSearchCV
from sklearn.utils.class_weight import compute_class_weight
class_weights = compute_class_weight('balanced', np.unique(training_targets),
training_targets[target_label[0]])
random_state = np.random.randint(0, 1000)
parameters = {
'max_depth': [3, 4, 5],
'learning_rate': [0.1, 0.2, 0.3],
'n_estimators': [50, 100, 150],
'gamma': [0, 0.1, 0.2],
'min_child_weight': [0, 0.5, 1],
'max_delta_step': [0],
'subsample': [0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1],
'colsample_bytree': [0.6, 0.8, 1],
'colsample_bylevel': [1],
'reg_alpha': [0, 1e-2, 1, 1e1],
'reg_lambda': [0, 1e-2, 1, 1e1],
'base_score': [0.5]
}
xgb_model = xgb.XGBClassifier(scale_pos_weight = class_weights, silent = True,
random_state = random_state)
clf = GridSearchCV(xgb_model, parameters, scoring = 'f1_micro', n_jobs = -1, cv = 5)
clf.fit(training_features, training_targets.values[:, 0])
model = clf.best_estimator_