LoopBack itself is new for me and I see version 4 is way too different from version 3. My requirement is that I need to have a custom auto incremented id in my mongoDB document every time I create a POST to the REST end point similar to a running id in a MySQL database.
I did check this (auto-increment using loopback.js and MongoDB) and (https://gist.github.com/drmikecrowe/5a5568930bad567d4148aad75c94de5a) with a version 3 setup, but i did not find proper document to replicate the same on version 4.
Currently I am using a basic app with the out of the box REST implementations provided from the loopback 4. Below is an example of my model.
export class Test extends Entity {
@property({
type: 'string',
id: true,
})
_id?: string;
@property({
type: 'number',
generated: true,
required: false
})
id: number;
@property({
type: 'string',
required: true,
})
name: string;
@property({
type: 'boolean',
required: true,
})
val: boolean;
constructor(data?: Partial<Test>) {
super(data);
}
}
My mongodb document should look something like this:
{
"_id" : ObjectId("5c373c1168d18c18c4382e00"),
"id" : 1
"name" : "aaaa",
"val" : true
}
{
"_id" : ObjectId("5c3869a55548141c0c27f298"),
"id" : 2
"name" : "bbbbb",
"val" : false
}