Number of writes in Oracle database

Viewed 144

Is there a view to get statistics about the number of writes per day in an Oracle database, and the amount of data associated ? I had a view over these : V$METRIC_HISTORY, V$METRIC, but I did not find something so relevant about that.

Thanks for your suggestions

1 Answers

I would recommend looking at DBA_HIST_FILESTATXS view :

DBA_HIST_FILESTATXS displays information about file read/write statistics. This view contains snapshots of V$FILESTAT.

Following columns should be of interest for you :

  • PHYWRTS : Number of times DBWR is required to write
  • PHYBLKWRT : Number of blocks written to disk, which may be the same as PHYWRTS if all writes are single blocks

Note :

  • if you want to know the volume written, you need to multiply PHYBLKWRT with BLOCK_SIZE
  • if you want to filter by dates, you have to JOIN with view dba_hist_snapshot, that stores the snapshot history
Related