JetBrains Rider enable-migrations for ASP.NET MVC on mac

Viewed 2007

I have JetBrains Rider 2018.3 on macOS Mojave. I created an ASP.NET MVC project, installed entity framework 6.2. I added the connection string to web.config. But, I don't know how to configure app.config. I want to enable-migrations for this project to connect to the Microsoft SQL Server. I googled it and found this link Entity Framework Support in Rider. However, I am not able to find Tools | Entity Framework | Initial setup. I was wondering if you could help me to solve this issue.

2 Answers

After I have posted the question I read the link again. I noticed I missed the point project context menu. I right clicked on project name and I found Tools.

When you're done adding the EntityFramework nuget package, just right-click on the project, and use the Entity Framework options available. See my screenshot below.

enter image description here

Related