I have been searching to solve this issue for quite some time, but I cannot get it right. I use R markdown for creating a beamer presentation and I would like to include a footer by using the fancyhdr LaTeX package. The problem that I encounter is that the footer is not completely on each slide. I assume that it has to do something with the margins used by beamer, but I do not know how to change this.
Here is a MWE. This is the .rmd file:
---
title: "Untitled"
author: ""
date: "10 januari 2019"
output:
beamer_presentation:
includes:
in_header: preamble.tex
---
```{r setup, include=FALSE}
knitr::opts_chunk$set(echo = FALSE)
```
## R Markdown
SOME NICE TEXT
This is in the file "preamble.tex" that is specified in the YAML:
\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\pagestyle{fancy}
\lhead{}
\chead{}
\rhead{}
\lfoot{Text in footer}
\cfoot{}
\rfoot{\thepage}
\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.4pt}
\renewcommand{\footrulewidth}{0.4pt}
This is how it looks. The footer is not entirely on the slide:
Thank you in advance for your help!

