I'm stepping through some Swift code in Xcode and I'd like to watch values. Following the advice in many of the answers here (e.g. this one) I can add the expression to the local variables window.
The breakpoint I am on is the last line of this fragment from the Starscream library (by daltoniam) which I include as a pod.
for i in 0..<dataLength {
buffer[offset] = data[i] ^ maskKey[i % MemoryLayout<UInt32>.size]
offset += 1
}
var total = 0
I've added two expressions to watch:
buffer[0]andMemoryLayout<UInt32>.size
For both the value I see is "invalid expression":
These expressions are clearly are not invalid, if they were the code would have thrown an exception when they were encountered executing the previous few lines. What am I missing? How should I watch and not get 'invalid expression'
N.B. If I call p buffer[0] from the lldb prompt I get the cryptic error:
(lldb) p buffer[0]
error: warning: :12:9: warning: initialization of variable
'$__lldb_error_result' was never used; consider replacing with assignment to '_'
or removing it
var $__lldb_error_result = __lldb_tmp_error
~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
_error: :19:5: error: value of type 'WebSocket' has no member
'$__lldb_wrapped_expr_72' $__lldb_injected_self.$__lldb_wrapped_expr_72( ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have tried changing the podfile (as per Jim's answer) so that it explicitly gets the debug code:
pod 'Starscream', '~> 3.0.6', :configuration => 'Debug'
and I have even gone as far as removing the pods, cloning Starscream, and including the source code as a sub-project. I still get the same error.
