I made a 3d model with a .png texture that has an alpha channel. The texture does not render correctly in A-Frame. I created the model in Autodesk Maya and exported the model as .OBJ. Then, I used obj2gltf to convert from .obj to .gltf format. The transparency does not appear correctly in A-Frame. There are some rendering problems with the model as shown in the images.
The model renders incorrectly in all the browsers I tested it in: Chrome, Firefox and Safari (iOS). When exporting from obj2gltf, the model does not show any transparency when used without --checkTransparency. It does not work if it is called from <a-assets> or inline. I also imported the model into Blender and then exported as .gtlf using the blender gltf exporter, and A-Frame failed to recognize the transparency at all. The model does not appear correctly if loaded as an .OBJ with <a-obj-model> tags either.
<a-assets><a-asset-item id="tree" src="assets/tree02.gltf"></a-asset-item></a-assets>
<a-entity gltf-model="#tree" position="0 0 -10" material="alphaTest: 0.5"></a-entity>
https://i.imgur.com/HbFoBBb.png This is how it shows up in A-Frame
https://i.imgur.com/1zk3uVl.png This is what the model looks like in Maya, and how it should appear.