The Dockerfile for my image is very simple right now:
FROM openjdk:11.0-windowsservercore-ltsc2016
RUN mkdir artifactory
ADD artifactory-pro-6.3.3 artifactory/
# systeminfo for debugging purposes only
RUN systeminfo
RUN C:\\artifactory\bin\artifactory
The output of the systeminfo call includes the following:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
OS Version: 10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Server
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: N/A
Registered Organization: N/A
Original Install Date: 12/5/2018, 4:52:49 PM
System Boot Time: 1/8/2019, 11:19:36 AM
System Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
System Model: Virtual Machine
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 85 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3696 Mhz
BIOS Version: Microsoft Corporation Hyper-V UEFI Release v2.5, 5/2/2018
Windows Directory: C:\Windows
System Directory: C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
System Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Input Locale: N/A
Time Zone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Total Physical Memory: 1,023 MB
Available Physical Memory: 597 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 1,023 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 612 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 411 MB
Page File Location(s): N/A
Domain: WORKGROUP
Logon Server: N/A
Hotfix(s): 3 Hotfix(s) Installed.
[01]: KB4132216
[02]: KB4465659
[03]: KB4471321
Network Card(s): N/A
Hyper-V Requirements: A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.
As you can see, the "Virtual Memory: Max Size" and "Total Physical Memory" attributes are set to be only 1023 MB. My docker info includes the following:
Containers: 24
Running: 0
Paused: 0
Stopped: 24
Images: 35
Server Version: 18.03.1-ce
Storage Driver: lcow (linux) windowsfilter (windows)
LCOW:
Windows:
Logging Driver: json-file
Plugins:
Volume: local
Network: ics l2bridge l2tunnel nat null overlay transparent
Log: awslogs etwlogs fluentd gelf json-file logentries splunk syslog
Swarm: inactive
Default Isolation: hyperv
Kernel Version: 10.0 16299 (16299.637.amd64fre.rs3_release_svc.180808-1748)
Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise
OSType: windows
Architecture: x86_64
CPUs: 16
Total Memory: 31.68GiB
I am using the following command to start my container:
docker run -it --name testing -m 8G artifactory-server:latest
Yet only 1G appears to be available. This is problematic, as when I attempt to start Artifactory, the Java Runtime Environment runs out of memory, and the container isn't spun up.
This is my first foray into Docker for Windows, so it's possible I have something misconfigured. Potential solutions that I have run into make references to VirtualBox, which I don't have due to its incompatibility with Hyper-V and running Windows containers.
I don't see the "Advanced" settings that some others seem to see, which makes me question whether I have the correct version of Docker at all. Here is a picture of what I see.
EDIT: Upon research, it appears that the reason I don't see the Shared Drives, Network, and Kubernetes tabs in the Settings menu is due to the fact that they're only available for Linux containers.
Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!


