The problem is that when the soft keyboard appears, it overlaps the recyclerView. But I want my soft keyboard just push recycler to the top, to be above the keyboard, like with windowSoftInputMode="adjustPan".
But adjustPan is not the option because I need my tool bar.
I have tried adjustResize already, but no luck.
Main activity layout
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<androidx.constraintlayout.widget.ConstraintLayout
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
tools:context=".MainActivity"
>
<include
layout="@layout/toolbar_layout"
android:id="@+id/toolbar_layout"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintStart_toStartOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintEnd_toEndOf="parent"
/>
<androidx.recyclerview.widget.RecyclerView
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="0dp"
android:id="@+id/recyc"
app:layout_constraintBottom_toTopOf="@+id/message_edit_text"
app:layout_constraintTop_toBottomOf="@+id/toolbar_layout"/>
<com.google.android.material.textfield.TextInputEditText
android:id="@+id/message_edit_text"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:inputType="textShortMessage"
app:layout_constraintBottom_toBottomOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintEnd_toEndOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintStart_toStartOf="parent"/>
</androidx.constraintlayout.widget.ConstraintLayout>
Adapter item layout
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<androidx.constraintlayout.widget.ConstraintLayout
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="wrap_content">
<TextView
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:id="@+id/textView"
app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintBottom_toBottomOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintStart_toStartOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintEnd_toEndOf="parent"/>
</androidx.constraintlayout.widget.ConstraintLayout>
Here is my MainActivity code, there is the only onCreate method
override fun onCreate(savedInstanceState: Bundle?) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState)
setContentView(R.layout.activity_main)
recyc.layoutManager = LinearLayoutManager(this)
val adapter = MyAdapter(
arrayOf("sd","sd2","sd2","sd2","sd2","s2d","s2d","sd",
"sd2","s2d","s2d","sd5","s8d","67sd","s76d")
)
recyc.adapter = adapter
}
Here is my adapter class
class MyAdapter(private val myDataset: Array<String>) :
RecyclerView.Adapter<MyAdapter.MyViewHolder>() {
class MyViewHolder(val view: View) :
RecyclerView.ViewHolder(view)
override fun onCreateViewHolder(
parent: ViewGroup,
viewType: Int
): MyAdapter.MyViewHolder {
val textView = LayoutInflater.from(parent.context)
.inflate(R.layout.container, parent, false)
return MyViewHolder(textView)
}
override fun onBindViewHolder(holder: MyViewHolder, position: Int)
{ holder.itemView.textView.text = myDataset[position] }
override fun getItemCount() = myDataset.size
}