Using variables in wildcard match for Blue Prism?

Viewed 5147

I'm trying to identify an element, using "Wildcard" as match type. Say, you click on an element, like a box, on a web page. You'd want that box to contain the word city. In that case, within application modeler, you'd to this:

*city*

This works fine. Now, what I want is to keep city as a variable, to make it more scalable. As an example, I'd create a data item named [city], and give it the value "Istanbul". So, when I do the same Wildcard match, with something like this:

*[city]*

, so I'd want Blue Prism to replace [city] with "Istanbul", and do a search that contains a box with Istanbul in it. Is this possible?

1 Answers

You do it with dynamic match. In the application modeller, it will look something like:

enter image description here

Then in the stage you need to spy the element, edit the parameters and use the wild card match method with some string concatenation. I'll use a wait stage as example:

enter image description here

Related