Why does bootstrap-vue require me to install jquery and webpack manually, even though I have them installed globally?

Viewed 460

Im setting up a new bootstrap-vue project using vue-cli by running the command vue init bootstrap-vue/webpack-simple my-project.

Each time I start a new project, I have to install all the dependencies in the output below by hand. Am I missing something?

I already have installed jquery/webpack etc globally using npm install -g webpack but whenever I run the command I get the following output:

npm WARN ajv-keywords@3.2.0 requires a peer of ajv@^6.0.0 but none is 
installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN babel-loader@6.4.1 requires a peer of webpack@1 || 2 || ^2.1.0- 
beta || ^2.2.0-rc but none is installed. You must install peer 
dependencies 
yourself.
npm WARN bootstrap@4.2.1 requires a peer of jquery@1.9.1 - 3 but none is 
installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.4 
(node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for 
fsevents@1.2.4: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: 
{"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})

Im pretty new to understanding npm and js dependency management, and it just doesn't make sense that every time I spawn up a new project, I have to manually go down the line and install the various dependencies by hand. Am I missing something?

0 Answers
Related