I'm currently working on a .NET Framework 4.7.2 application using a business logic library written in unmanaged C++. I need to use unmanaged C++.
I need to use the logic from the C++ project, unfortunately I cannot correctly convert the input or output parameters of my program.
When I input 42, and simply want to return that value, I get 17582022 as a result. Which should actually be 42.
My C++ code looks like that:
MYCore header file:
#ifdef MYCORE_EXPORTS
#define MYCORE_API __declspec(dllexport)
#endif
#pragma once
#include <string>
using namespace std;
extern "C"
{
class MYCORE_API TestClass
{
private:
string name;
public:
TestClass(char*);
long Iterate(long &n);
};
MYCORE_API TestClass* TestClass_Create(char* name);
}
MYCore source file:
#include "stdafx.h"
#include "MYCore.h"
TestClass::TestClass(char* n)
{
name = n;
}
long TestClass::Iterate(long &n)
{
return n;
}
extern "C"
{
MYCORE_API TestClass * TestClass_Create(char* name)
{
return new TestClass(name);
}
}
I'm using a .NET 4.7.2 Framework Interface project to export the C++ library functionality:
namespace MYCore.Interface
{
public static class MYProxy
{
private const string coreDLL = "my.core.dll";
[DllImport(coreDLL, CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl)]
public static extern IntPtr TestClass_Create(string name);
[DllImport(coreDLL, EntryPoint = "?Iterate@TestClass@@XXXXX@X", CallingConvention = CallingConvention.ThisCall)]
public static extern int Iterate(int n);
}
}
In my actual application I further import the dll and use the logic like that:
public static void Initialize()
{
var test = MYProxy.WrapperIterator_Create("test");
var result = MYProxy.Iterate(42); // as a result I'm getting sth. like 17582022 instead of 42
}
Do you know how to correctly convert an int input from C# to C++ and vice versa?
Thank you!