Angular Universal: How to create an app shell and only pre-render the shell?

Viewed 2367

Background

In order to speed up the perceived performance of my angular 7 app, I am trying to add an app shell to my application, and pre-render that shell using angular universal. To do so, I am following these steps.

Problem

When I execute the command from Step 3 from the above link (ng run my-app:app-shell), the process fails because it appears that angular universal is trying to build my entire app using the node environment, and there are portions of my app that are not compatible with angular universal. I don't need the entire app to be rendered or be compatible with angular universal, only the app shell component.

Questions

  1. How do I only include the app shell to be pre-rendered during the ng run my-app:app-shell command?
  2. Also, that command builds the rest of the app in development mode. How do I trigger a prod build instead?
1 Answers
Related