error: RPC failed; HTTP 504 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 504 GATEWAY_TIMEOUT

Viewed 14794

I'm a Taiwanese student and my english grammarly is not good ,but I can understand what you say. I want to use git to push my file(3GB) to heroku but failed.

I tried.

git config --global http.postBuffer 800000000.

git config --add remote.heroku.proxy "".

git config --global http.proxy ''<< 

When I git push heroku master and then it showed fatal:

unable to access 'https://git.heroku.com/pushboss.git/': Could not resolve proxy: ''.

so I have to type git config --global --unset http.proxy.

this is my error message:

error: RPC failed; HTTP 504 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 504 GATEWAY_TIMEOUT.

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly.

2 Answers

Heroku's file system has a 500MB limit for your app and its components. Whilst it is possible to store static files within that, you are encouraged to use third party storage (such as AWS S3 / Azure Blobs etc) for anything other than code, such as images, video, and other media.

I would guess that your git errors are due to the 3GB file far exceeding the 500MB limit Heroku has for the whole app!

The error 504 is returned, when there is a gateway timeout or in simpler terms, weak internet or no internet connection.

Related