I have a requirement as follows
- There are multiple devices producing data based on the device configuration. e.g., There are two devices producing data at their own intervals let’s say d1 producing for every 15 min and d2 producing for every 30 min
- All this data will be sent to Kafka
- I need to consume the data and perform calculations for each device which is based on the values produced for the current hour and the first value produced in the next hour. For e.g., If d1 is producing data for every 15min from 12:00 AM-1:00 AM then the calculation is based on the values produced for that hour and the first value produced from 1:00 AM-2:00 AM. If the value is not produced from 1:00AM-2:00 AM then I need to consider data from 12:00 AM-1:00 AM and save it data repository (Time series)
- Like this there will be ‘n’ number of devices and each device has its own configuration. In the above scenario device d1 and d2 are producing data for every 1 hr. There might be other devices which will be producing data for every 3 hr, 6 hr.
Currently this requirement is done in Java. Since the devices are increasing so as the computations, I would like to know if Spark/Spark Streaming can be applied to this scenario?Any articles with respect to these kind of requirements can be shared so that it will be of great help.