LUIS built-in geography type sometimes recognizes a city, but other times doesn't

Viewed 211

I'm a bit confused. I'm using LUIS's built-in geographyV2 type.

My utterances are things like "are there any part time cashier positions near houston?" (recognized) or "do you have any part time cashier jobs within 10 miles of houston?" (not recognized).

enter image description here

enter image description here

If I hover over the unrecognized instance of "houston," I don't have the option to tag it as a geographyV2 instance (if I try "browse pre-built entities, it doesn't shown geographyV2, I guess since that is already one of my types).

enter image description here

Is there any way I can train it better to recognize houston in the 2nd case?

Seems like some cities don't get picked up at all:

enter image description here

While others are detected without a problem:

enter image description here

If you have any tips, please let me know. This is the first time I've used LUIS. Overall, I'm very impressed!

Thanks


Updates based on Steven's suggestions:

Now I'm able to get Anchorage and Houston recognized. But this introduces a problem with Los Angeles. It is getting extracted as two entities:

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

Similar issue for St. Louis (it wants to tokenize "St" and "Louis" separately).

Sorry for being such a n00b :-)

1 Answers

I have somewhat similar issue. I have the utterance:

"what is the price of diesel in Latin America"

Latin America is not tagged as geographyV2!

I tried Asia and same thing!

I tried North America, South America, South Africa, Middle East and those worked and were tagged!

I wondered - why the inconsistency?

I looked over the docs and here is a suggestion:

The behavior of prebuilt entities can't be modified but you can improve resolution by adding the prebuilt entity as a feature to a machine-learning entity or sub-entity.

Here is the link : LUIS DOC

Here is what I have come up with to resolve it:

enter image description here

Related